Spartan Trail Project for Springfield Township
Send questions and comments to email@example.com
What is proposed?:
· The Spartan Trail will start at the North side of TriCounty Plaza and run South to Waterworks Park and Continue South of Sanitarium Road to Springfield High School complex along the Ohio Edison easement.
· Design – Winter/Spring 2017
· Construction – Summer/Fall 2017
· Springfield Township Parks has been conditionally awarded funding from the ODNR Recreational Trails Program to design and construct a 6,000 linear foot trail in the Village of Lakemore.
· The Spartan Trail will be an 8 to 10 foot wide trail available for cycling. Walking, running, or other non-motorized uses. The proposed route is shown in red on the site concept plan. Please click "SPARTAN TRAIL MAP" below.
· When completed, the Spartan Trail is planned to run 6 miles from the South Springfield Township border North along Canton Road, following the Ohio Edison easement area and former interurban trolley line to Lakefront Park, North of Springfield Lake.
· The asphalt surfaced 2,600 linear foot Spartan Trail Lakefront Path Phase I was constructed in 2015 by Springfield Park employees and paving contractor with Grants from Summit County Public Health “Creating Healthy Communities” and the Ohio & Erie Canalway Coalition.
· In 2016 Lakefront Path Phase 2 was constructed with an additional grant from Summit County Public Health, and collaboration with ODOT. Springfield Township Park & Road employees installed base work and paving contractor extended the trail an additional 1,500 feet.
· Future grants from the Ohio & Erie Canalway Coalition, and contributions from the Friends of Spartan Trail, website www.friendsofspartantrail.com will develop the Spartan Trail Master Plan.
· This plan will show connections of Trail areas within the Springfield & Lakemore Communities to include connections to schools, parks, commercial areas & other landmarks.
· Doug Foltz
· Director of Springfield Township Parks
· 2491 Canfield Road Akron, OH 44312
· Phone: 330-734-4121
· Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to and appreciate your input!